Sunday school isn’t just for kids anymore. Everyone should have opportunities to learn and grow in faith all along the journey. In our adult classes, book studies, bible studies and small groups, questions are welcome, faithfulness grows and disciples of all ages join in the journey of faith.
Recent adult faith formation series have included:
- Saving Jesus: A Credible Jesus for the Third Millenium
- In the Beginning: Creation Spirituality
- Painting the Stars: Science, Religion and an Evolving Faith
- The Spirit is Moving: Movement Based Spirituality
- Theotokos: A Study of Mary
- Journaling the Journey: Guided Reflections for Lent
- Look to the Stars with the UH Department of Astronomy
- Christianity and Buddhism in Dialog
- Making Love: The Song of Songs and Christian Sexual Ethics for the 21st Century
- and more!
Our recent book study groups have included
- Good White Racist: Confronting Your Role in Racial Injustice by Kerry Connelley
- Toxic Charity: How Churches and Charities Hurt Those They Help (and How to Reverse It) by Robert D. Lupton.
- The World's Religions by Huston Smith
- The Birth of Jesus by John Shelby Spong
- Into the Silent Land: A Guide to the Christian Practice of Contemplation by Martin Laird
- The Conversation: A Revolutionary Plan for End of Life Care by Angelo Volandes
Adult Book Study is currently meeting on Sunday mornings 8:30-9:45 in the sanctuary to read "Practicing our Faith" edited by Dorothy C. Bass. Come learn about a variety of spiritual practices and consider how to incorporate them into your own life and the life of our community.